Welcome To Department of Agriculture
Bangladesh is an agricultural country where agriculture sector plays a strategic role for the economic development through reduction of poverty, raising incomes and improving food security of the common people. It is the backbone of our economic system providing food, feed, fiber and many other desired products and raw materials and also creating employment opportunities to a very large proportion of population. We need to produce all the agricultural products in many folds to feed the millions of new mouths coming every year. To improve the yield potentialities we have to start modern agriculture replacing the old traditional practices for which we are badly in need of well trained skilled technical manpower in all the sectors of agriculture. The agricultural graduates coming out every year from 8/9 public universities of the country are not enough to fulfill the present demands of the technical manpower to face the newly emerging challenges in this field. To mitigate the requirements of the technical manpower in this field, we do feel the necessity of opening the door in more private universities for producing sufficient number of quality graduates in different discipline of agricultural sciences.
City University in one of the top ranking and promising private university in Bangladesh. Now this university is planning to establish the degree of Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with a focus to evolve as an agriculture research based university in private university sector. We are going to establish four years B.Sc.Ag. (Hons) program to facilitate the interested students with the determination to make their career as technically skilled agriculturist. We are determined to give our best to make them highly qualified graduates with modern and time demanding technologies and knowledge with the help of highly skilled and well trained qualified technical personnel . We are also committed to establish different post graduate programs later on with the newly emerged problems in the field of agriculture.Four Years Syllabus of Agriculture
1. Minimum GPA of 2.5 each in SSC and HSC or equivalent public examinations.
2. Candidates with GPA 2.00 in any examination must have minimum GPA 6.00 combined.
3. Diploma in Agriculture passed securing a minimum CGPA 3.0.
4. In case of the ward of Freedom Fighter, at least GPA 5.00 combined in SSC/Dakhil, HSC/Alim or Equivalent Examination is required. Proof of Certificate must be submitted in this connection.
5. ‘0’ Level in 5 (five) subjects and ‘A’ Level in 2 (two) major subjects with minimum ‘B’ Grade in four subjects and ‘C’ Grade in three subjects.
Required Papers For Admission
* Two (2) attested copies of all mark sheets & certificates. (Original academic papers must present at admission time).
* Four (4) attested copies of recent passport size color photographs.
* Attested copy of national ID card.
* Attested Father and Mother NID copy.
* Attested copy of certificate from Union Parisad/ Word Commissioner.