Name: Dr. A. S. M. Tariq Iqbal
LL.B. (Hons), LL.M. (RU), Ph.D. in Law (IU)
Constitutional Law, International Law, Business Law.
- Lecturer of Law at Uttara University, Dhaka from 18th January, 2007 to 30th April, 2009.
- Senior Lecturer of Law at Uttara University, Dhaka from 1st May, 2009 to 19th October, 2009.
- Senior Lecturer of Law at Bangladesh Islami University, Dhaka from 20th October, 2009 to 30th April, 2014.
- Assistant Professor of Law at Bangladesh Islami University, Dhaka from 1st May, 2014 to 31st July, 2017.
- Associate Professor of Law at City University, Dhaka from 1st August, 2017 to till date.
- Chairman, Department of Law, Bangladesh Islami University, Dhaka from 22nd May, 2015 to 30th April, 2017.
- Coordinator, LL.B. (Honors) & LL.B. (Pass) Program, Department of Law, Bangladesh Islami University, 9th May, 2010 to 31st January, 2012.
- Coordinator, LL.B. (2 years) Program, Department of Law, Uttara University, Dhaka from 9th September, 2008 to 19th October, 2009.
- Secretary of Publicity & Publication, Nelson Mandela Education & Research Foundation from 1st September, 2014 to till date.
- Co–convener, Bangladesh Peace and Development Mission Research Club from 28th March, 2014 to till date.
- Secretary of Literature & Cultural Affairs, National Human Rights Implementation & Legal Rights Foundation from 1st July, 2010 to till date.
- Secretary of International Affairs, Global Health Care Foundation from 1st February, 2010 to till date.
A. Research Article/s in Refereed Journals
- Media Influence over the Culture and the Role of Law: Bangladesh Perspective, BIU Journal Volume 4 • Issue 1 • January 2010 • ISSN 1995 – 4182 • PP. 20–33.
- Causes and Consequences of Corruption and Application of Anti-Corruption Laws in Bangladesh: An Overview, Journal of Islamic Education and Research Volume 6 • Number 2 • December 2010 • ISSN 2070 – 8041 • PP. 178–197.
- Doctrine of Condonation: A New Dimension in the Constitutional Jurisprudence of Bangladesh, The Islamic University Studies • Volume 8 • Number 1 • December 2011 • ISSN 2523 – 1480 • PP. 246–
- Dire Need of Ombudsman to the Establishment of Good Governance: Bangladesh Perspective, World Vision Research Journal Volume 7 • Number 1 • February 2013 • ISSN 2078 – 8460 • PP. 145–154.
- Constitutionalism in Bangladesh: An Analytical Study, BPDM Journal of Research • Volume 1 • Issue 2 • May 2014 • ISSN 2225 – 9767 • PP. 72–
- Adaptability of the Law of Tort in Bangladesh: An Interpretative Approach, Banglavision Research Journal Volume 14 • Number 1 • June 2014 • ISSN 2079 – 567X • PP. 162–172.
- Protection and Promotion of the Rights of the Domestic (Household) Workers of Bangladesh: A Systematic Approach, UITS Journal • Volume 3 • Issue 3 • December 2014 • ISSN 2226 – 3128 • PP. 18–
- Right to Privacy in Bangladesh: Existing Legal Regime and Ways to Move Forward, Islamic University Journal of Law Volume 10 (Special) • Number 1 • December 2014 • ISSN 2707-790X • PP. 59–79.
- Awarding Death Penalty in Evasion to Judicial Capacity; Conception and Response under the Islamic Criminal Law, Journal of Islam, Law and Judiciary • Volume 1 • Issue 2 • April 2015 • ISSN 2411 – 4936 • PP. 71–
- Implication of Copyright Law in Bangladesh: An Analytical Study, The World Journal on Juristic Polity [India] Volume 1 • Number 2 • May 2015 • ISSN 2394 – 5044 • PP. 217–236.
- Treatment to Prisoners of War (POWs): A Comparative Study between Islamic and Conventional Approach, Journal of Islam, Law and Judiciary • Volume 1 • Issue 4 • December 2015 • ISSN 2411 – 4936 • PP. 1–
- Policy and Practice of Intellectual Property Law: Bangladesh Perspective, Rabindra Journal • Volume 40 • Number 1 • August 2016 • ISSN 2477 – 1714 • PP. 168–
- Protection and Promotion of Consumer Rights in Bangladesh: An Analytical Overview, Rabindra Journal • Volume 50 • Number 1 • February 2017 ISSN 2477 – 1714 • PP. 167–175.
- Administration of Juvenile Justice in Bangladesh: An Analytical Study, Development Compilation • Volume 13 • Number 1 • February 2018 ISSN 2072 – 3334 • PP. 139–152.
- President’s Prerogative of Clemency in Bangladesh: An Analysis, UITS Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences • Volume 6 • Issue 1 • December 2018 • ISSN 2663 – 1105 • PP. 07–
- Application of Fundamental Rights in Bangladesh: Rhetoric and Reality, EBAUB Journal of Law (Accepted for publication).
B. Text Book/s
- Gender in Law: Bangladesh Perspective, Law Book Company, Dhaka, Bangladesh • November 2017 (First Edition) • ISBN 978–984–34–3318–3.
- Business Law in Bangladesh: Theory and Practice, Sufi Prokashoni, Dhaka, Bangladesh • May 2019 (First Edition) • ISBN 978–984–34–4304–5.
- A Text Book on Law of Tort, University Publications, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Forthcoming)
- Acted as Member of the Editorial Board, BIU Journal (ISSN 1995 – 4182), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Acted as Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Islam, Law and Judiciary (ISSN 2411 – 4936), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Acted as Member of the Editorial Board, Journal of Islamic Legal Studies (ISSN 2519 – 1535), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Acted as Associate Member of the Editorial Board, BPDM Journal of Research (ISSN 2225 – 9767), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Acted as Member of the Research Quality Enhancement Review Committee, Bangladesh Institute of Professional Studies, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
D. Paper Presentation
- Copyright Protection: Law and Practice in Bangladesh, paper presented at the Institute of Education and Research, Dhaka University on 6th June, 2014.
- Introduction to Constitutional Amendment in Bangladesh, paper presented at the Faculty of Law, Islamic University on 14th September, 2015.
- People’s Perception and Level of Awareness regarding Constitutional Amendment in Bangladesh, paper presented at the Faculty of Law, Islamic University on 14th September, 2015.
- Introduction to Business Law in Bangladesh, paper presented at the Faculty of Business Studies, Dhaka University on 22nd December, 2016.
Dr. Iqbal is an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
- Attended a two–day teaching seminar on Child Rights at Dhaka University organized by Faculty of Law, DU in collaboration with UNICEF from 23rd to 24th November, 2008.
- Attended a daylong workshop on Child Rights Bill at Dhaka University on 28th February 2010.
- Attended a seminar on 15th Amendment of the Constitution of Bangladesh and its Impact at State University of Bangladesh on 9th July, 2011.
- Completed a certificate course of English Language Proficiency at North South University in 2012.
- Attended a three days long teaching seminar on International Humanitarian Law at Eastern University organized by Faculty of Law, EU in collaboration with ICRC from 2nd to 4th July, 2013.
- Participated a workshop on Legal Research at University of Asia Pacific on 24th March, 2014.
- Completed an advanced training course on Research Methodology at Institute of Education and Research, Dhaka University from 28th March to 10th May, 2014.
- Participated a two–day conference on Research at Institute of Education and Research, Dhaka University from 6th to 7th June, 2014.
- Participated a two days long international conference on South Asia and International Law: Engagement or Encounter at Hotel Rupashi Bangla (Former Dhaka Sheraton), Dhaka organized by Bangladesh Chapter of the Asian Society of International Law from 23rd to 24th August, 2014.
- Attended a seminar on Increasing Awareness on the Laws of Cyber Security, Information and Communication Technology at Bangladesh Islami University organized by Bangladesh Islami University under the surveillance of the Ministry of Posts, Telecommunications and IT, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh on 31st March, 2015.
- Conducted a seminar on Increasing Awareness on Human Rights Situation (LEGAL & MORAL CLIMATE) in Global, Regional and National Perspectives: Underlying Humanitarian Issues at Bangladesh Islami University on 18th March, 2016.
- Participated a two–day international conference on Teaching and Learning at Independent University Bangladesh from 22nd to 23rd April, 2016.
- Participated a symposium on Ensuring Justice for Women and Children in the Context of the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act at Press Club (VIP Lounge), Dhaka organized by Naripokkho (A human rights based NGO) on 15th December, 2016.
- Participated a two days long international conference on Envisioning Our Common Future at Dhaka University from 22nd to 23rd December, 2016.
- Attended a public lecture on Judgment of Court in Mother Language at East West University on 25th February, 2017.
- Participated a seminar on Countering Violent Extremism: Building Resilience and Capacity at Hotel Bengal Blueberry, Dhaka organized by Bangladesh Institute of Peace and Security Studies under the surveillance of Government of Canada on 10th March, 2017.
- Participated a seminar on Judicial Activism and Judicial Self–Restraint at Dhaka University on 29th April, 2017.
- Participated a three–day international conference on Legal Education at East West University from 15th to 17th June, 2017.
- Attended a workshop on Self Assessment & Team Building at City University on 11th October, 2017.
- Attended a daylong workshop on Self Assessment Report & Outcome Based Curriculum Development at City University on 1st February, 2018.
- Participated a workshop on Research Methodology at City University on 14th March, 2018.
- Participated a symposium on International Law and the Making of Postcolonial States at Bangladesh Institute of Law and International Affairs on 28th June, 2018.
- Attended a daylong workshop on Quality Assurance & Outcome Based Education at City University on 8th August, 2018.
- Attended a two–day training workshop on Outcome Based Curriculum Development at City University from 5th to 6th September, 2018.
- Attended a two days long conference on Law, Justice and Society at Faculty of Law, Dhaka University from 16th to 17th September, 2018.
- Participated a seminar on Compensation as a Constitutional Remedy for Violations of Fundamental Rights at Bangladesh Institute of Law and International Affairs on 10th October, 2018.
- Attended a public lecture on the Judicial Forum Constituted under the International Crimes (Tribunals) Act, 1973 and the Trials that Followed at EMK Center organized by Think Legal Bangladesh on 2nd March, 2019.
- Attended a daylong conference on Transport, Law and Policy at Bangladesh Institute of Law and International Affairs on 9th March, 2019.
- Attended a symposium on Twelve Years of Separation of Judiciary: Achievements and Challenges at Bangladesh Institute of Law and International Affairs on 28th December, 2019.
- Participated a training program on Arbitration and Mediation at Bangladesh International Arbitration Centre on 25th January, 2020.
- Bangladesh Chapter of the Asian Society of International Law.
- Bangladesh Peace & Development Mission Research Club.
- Bangladesh Supreme Court Bar Association.
- Constitutional Law Association, Bangladesh.
- Dhaka Bar Association.
- Dhaka Taxes Bar Association.
- Global Health Care Foundation.
- Lions Club International.
- National Human Rights Implementation & Legal Rights Foundation.
- Nelson Mandela Education & Research Foundation.