- Quizzes /Tests/ Class Assignments are scheduled in class hour or tutorial hour. The duration of a quiz may be between 10 to 30 minutes and that of a class test between 20 to 40 minutes.
- Mid-term Exam is held in the week announced in the Semester Calendar.Most probably mid-term exam held in 7th week in semester calendar. The duration of the mid-term exam is one and a half hours for 30 marks.
- Final Exam schedule is announced by the university. Most probably mid-term exam held in 13th week in semester calendar The duration of the final exam is 2 hours for 40 marks.
Fairness in Tests, Quizzes, Examinations, etc.
- Students are strictly forbidden from adopting unfairness in assignments, tests, quizzes, examinations, project work, term papers, etc. The following acts or activities will be considered unfairness during examinations and in other contexts:
- Communicating with fellow students for obtaining help; (For example, talking, eye contact, signaling, body language etc.).
- Copying from another student’s script or report or paper;
- Copying from printed matter, hand-written script, writing on desk or palm of hand, or from other incriminating documents;
- Possession of any incriminating document, whether used or not;
- Any approach in direct or indirect form to influence a teacher concerning grade and
- Any other unruly behavior which is disruptive of the academic program.
- If a student is detected by the course teacher while adopting or having adopted unfair means, he/she may be given ‘F’ grade for the assignment, test, quiz, paper, report, examination or for that course at the discretion of the invigilator/the course teacher. Adoption of unfairness may result in the dismissal of the student from the program and expulsion of the student from the university.
Make up Quizzes, Tests and Exams
Students are required to attend all tests, quizzes, assignments and exams as per announced schedule. Make up tests, exams or quizzes may be organized for those students who could not attend the tests/exam/quizzes for medical or other compelling/ unavoidable reasons acceptable to the course teacher and the Dean of Faculty. A student have to apply for make up tests, exams etc. showing reasons with evidence for his failure to take the scheduled tests. A student seeking leave or make up exam on medical grounds must contact the Medical Officer of the university as soon as possible and obtain verification of Medical Certificate from him/her. For make up of quizzes, class tests, assignments, participation etc, he/she should apply to the course teacher and for make up of mid-term and final exam, he/she should apply in prescribed form to the Chairperson/Dean of the concerned Faculty through the course teacher. A student seeking make up exam must pay the make up exam fee at the prevailing rate. After completing these formalities, the student shall watch for the schedule of mid-term make up exam or final make up exams and sit for the exam. Mid-term make up exam is held only once before final exam week. If a student misses the schedule, he/she will have to retake the course. Make up final exam is not allowed.
Computation of Grade Points Average (GPA ) and Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA)
- The Grade Point Average (GPA) is computed in the following manner:
(GP in C1 x CH) + (GP in C1 x CH) + ………. +(GP in Cn x CH)
GPA = ————————————————————————————-
CH of C1 + CH of C2 +………….+ CH of Cn
GP = Grade point earned
CH = Credit hours of the course attempted
C1,2 …n= Courses
(GPA of all courses completed) x (total credit hours attempted in all courses)
- CGPA = —————————————————————————————————–
Total credit hours attempted in all semesters
If a student has completed all the requirements of a course except final exam or a project report/term paper, he/she may apply to the course teacher for an incomplete grade explaining the reason for missing the final exam. If the reason is acceptable, the course teacher may assign an incomplete grade, which is recorded as “I” on the final grade sheet. A student is permitted to complete an incomplete course within four weeks from the date of the commencement of new semester. If the incomplete grade is due to absence in final exam, he/she may sit for the make up final exam which is held within 4 weeks from the date of commencement of the new semester. If a student fails to sit for this exam, he/she will earn “F” grade in the course and he/she will have to retake the course. A student may cover 6 credits for maximum in a semester for incomplete grade.
A student earning “F” grade in a course is required to earn at least the passing grade by retaking the course in the next semester on payment of requisite fees. A student may also choose to improve the grade by retaking the course (when he/she gets C+ or below in that particular course) on payment of 100% course fees. In case of a course retake, the transcript of a student will show the grade which is higher.